[xymon] DISK IGNORE useage

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jan 25 16:21:32 CET 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:49:03 -0500, Rob Munsch wrote:

>> > However… if I add to the host’s config a DISK IGNORE /, then while
>> > the text (as above) only shows /tmp, I lose /tmp’s graph line and it
>> > only graphs root.  I’ve tried including the IGNORE line both before
>> > and after a line for /tmp, with no effect.  As soon as I add the
>> > IGNORE line, /tmp’s graph line vanishes on next update.
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> HOST=foo
>> 	DISK %^/$ IGNORE
>>
>> so you use a regex pattern that only matches "/" to ignore that
>> filesystem.
>
> I was expecting this to work - but now I have
>
> Filesystem         1024-blocks      Used Available Capacity Mounted on
> none                    131072     15456    115616      12% /tmp
>
> and below it, / is graphed.  The graph line for /tmp vanished.  I'm very
> confused.

Hmm, yes - that can happen because you now have two RRD graph files, but
only one graph showing up on the webpage. You should have both of them
on the graph in the "trends" column, though.

Either wait 48 hours - then the root-filesystem graph will go "stale" and
automatically be ignored on the "disk" status graph display. Or you can go
to the ~hobbit/data/rrd/HOSTNAME/ directory and delete/rename the
"disk,root.rrd" file out of the way.