[xymon] Forbidden : You don't have permission to access /xymon/index.html on this server.

Jayanta Kundu jayantak007 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:23:43 CET 2011

Hi Craig,

How can I give read permission to apache user?

My “www” and “web” folder is present in the path “/home/xymon/server/www”

If find apache from root then following output I got:

/usr/sbin/apachectl

[root at RHEL5 sbin]# pwd

/usr/sbin

[root at RHEL5 sbin]# ls -lrt apachectl

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3916 Jul 15  2009 apachectl

[root at RHEL5 sbin]#

Also Kindly let me know "how accessing a simple /index.html in my root web
directory"

With Regards,
Jayanta.