[xymon] Repeat: Issues with DOWNTIME, purple status, and sslcert test

SebA spa at syntec.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:45:34 CET 2011

> On Jan 5, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
>
>> The downtime is picked up fine, and correctly, in the "info" test on
>> the hosts
>
> I've run into issues with this in the past. The code that
> parses the DOWNTIME for the info page seems to be different
> from the code that actually implements it. Things that show
> up correctly in the web view won't necessarily work. I forget
> what's different about the syntax, but I know I've mentioned
> it on the list before. If you search for posts from me on
> DOWNTIME, hopefully it'll explain.

I believe this has been improved now in the 4.3.0 tree. (See my message from
5-Nov-2010.) From what I've heard 4.3.0 seems to be very close to release,
so you may want to try it. I suggest the best way to get the latest fixes is
to check it out with subversion. (Search the mailing list for instructions.)

Kind regards,

SebA