[Xymon] Question about 2 hosts named the same but have diffrent IP and DNS entries

Sauer, Chris csauer at columbia.com
Tue Feb 22 23:35:29 CET 2011

Please bear with me, I am new at managing this instance.
We have 2 hosts that have different IP and DNS entries, but locally on the systems are named the same.  These systems are part of a multi-node appliance.  I do not have control over their local hostname.  We are monitoring both nodes, but the xymon page shows the data and the status of only one of them twice (The system for 10.45.x.x).  Here is the config info from bb-hosts:
10.35.160.46    columbia_1-8            # conn ssh
10.45.192.37    columbia_1-8            # conn ssh

On the monitor page, under "info" it shows the IP address for only the 10.35.x.x host for both entries.  The 10.35.x.x is listed first in the bb-hosts config file?  Is there a way to have it show the same name but use the IP only?
Thanks,
Chris Sauer

Chris Sauer
UNIX Systems Engineer