[Xymon] Xymon & Devmon: Missing repeater data for primary OID

Roel Baardman roel.baardman at dnw.aero
Tue Feb 22 16:49:32 CET 2011

Dear all,

While creating some templates for devmon, for HP JetDirect machines for example, I am getting some errors and the white icon for if_ graphs.
What I did:
- Copy cisco-3750 if_* to a new hp-jetdirect dir
- Create a specs file and verify it is recognized.
- Inspect a target device's SNMP tree with a graphical tool to find OIDs
- Verify those OIDs work from the commandline with snmpget.

This results in the following oids file:
ifName          : .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.1        : branch
ifBps           : .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5.1        : branch
ifInOctets      : .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.1       : branch
ifOutOctets     : .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.1       : branch

The error I'm now seeing is "Missing repeater data for primary OID".

My question is: what obvious thing am I missing, or what is broken? :-)

Best regards,

Roel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5895 (20110222) __________

http://www.eset.com