xymon replication or clustering

Root, Paul Paul.Root at qwest.com
Wed Feb 9 20:49:01 CET 2011

I have a secondary server watching the primary. It has 1 think to do in hobbit-alerts.cfg, watch the primary. If the secondary looses contact with the primary it will run a script.

That script is to copy in the primaries hobbit-alerts.cfg file in place. It is put on the secondary automatically with rdist.

Also, in the primaries hobbit-alerts.cfg file, there is a watch that looks for a recovery, at which time, another script is run to reverse the process.

Pretty simple

Paul Root
Lead Internet Systems Eng
Qwest Network Services