[Xymon] Default Graph SIze

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Dec 24 08:30:13 CET 2011

On 24-12-2011 00:11, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk
> <mailto:henrik at hswn.dk>> wrote:
>
>     You can change it in "rrddefinitions.cfg", but it will not change
>     any existing files - only newly created ones.
>

> OK, thanks.  That's what I was wondering - is there anything still
> compiled in?  I guess that's a "not any more".

Nope.

> I've thrown together a script to resize the existing RRD files, seems to
> work OK.  It just gets the RRA list from "rrdtool info", then loops
> through resizing one at a time.  I'd post the script, but it's at work
> and I'm not...  :-)   If anyone is interested, it shouldn't take too
> long to re-invent.

You may want to look at the "rrdjig" tool also, if you are increasing
the number of data points you keep in each RRD. The normal rrdtool
"resize" command has some interesting "side effects"; e.g. if you
increase the number of 5-minute-average datapoints from 2 days to e.g. 7
days and then try to view a graph showing between 2 and 7 days, then
initially the graph will only show data for the last 2 days - because
even though you resized the dataset in the RRD, it didn't populate the
dataset with any data! rrdjig tries to do better than that.

https://lists.oetiker.ch/pipermail/rrd-developers/2010-March/003661.html