[Xymon] configs

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Dec 21 14:52:30 CET 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Moodley, Nelandran N wrote:
> Good Day
>
> I’ve recently installed xymon and still finding my way around the product!
>
> I would like to know how/which file to configure in order to get the files, port & procs check setup.
>
> Thanks to all who have assisted already..

Hi !

analysis.cfg ist your file

Please check

http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man5/analysis.cfg.5.html

PROCS STATUS COLUMN SETTINGS

PROC processname minimumcount maximumcount color [TRACK=id] [TEXT=text]

The "ps" listing sent by the client will be scanned for how many processes
containing "processname" are running, and this is then matched against the
min/max settings defined here. If the running count is outside the
thresholds, the color of the "procs" status changes to "color".

To check for a process that must NOT be running: Set minimum and maximum
to 0.

"processname" can be a simple string, in which case this string must show
up in the "ps" listing as a command. The scanner will find a ps-listing of
e.g. "/usr/sbin/cron" if you only specify "processname" as "cron".
"processname" can also be a Perl-compatiable regular expression, e.g.
"%java.*inst[0123]" can be used to find entries in the ps-listing for
"java -Xmx512m inst2" and "java -Xmx256 inst3". In that case,
"processname" must begin with "%" followed by the regular expression. Note
that Xymon defaults to case-insensitive pattern matching; if that is not
what you want, put "(?-i)" between the "%" and the regular expression to
turn this off. E.g. "%(?-i)HTTPD" will match the word HTTPD only when it
is upper-case.
If "processname" contains whitespace (blanks or TAB), you must enclose the
full string in double quotes - including the "%" if you use regular
expression matching. E.g.

     PROC "%xymond_channel --channel=data.*xymond_rrd" 1 1 yellow

and

PORTS STATUS COLUMN SETTINGS

PORT criteria [MIN=mincount] [MAX=maxcount] [COLOR=color] [TRACK=id]
[TEXT=displaytext]

The "netstat" listing sent by the client will be scanned for how many
sockets match the criteria listed. The criteria you can use are:

LOCAL=addr
     "addr" is a (partial) local address specification in the format used
on the output from netstat.
EXLOCAL=addr
     Exclude certain local adresses from the rule.
REMOTE=addr
     "addr" is a (partial) remote address specification in the format used
on the output from netstat.
EXREMOTE=addr
     Exclude certain remote adresses from the rule.
STATE=state
     Causes only the sockets in the specified state to be included, "state"
is usually LISTEN or ESTABLISHED but can be any socket state reported by
the clients "netstat" command. EXSTATE=state

cheers,

        Martin