[Xymon] ssh-test as default

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Mon Dec 19 19:15:07 CET 2011

.. unfortunately, didn't work like expected :-(

http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man5/hosts.cfg.5.html

NOTE: The ".default." host entry will only accept the following tags -
others are silently ignored: NOCOLUMNS, COMMENT, DESCR, CLASS, dialup,
testip, nonongreen, nodisp, noinfo, notrends, TRENDS, NOPROPRED,
NOPROPYELLOW, NOPROPPURPLE, NOPROPACK, REPORTTIME, WARNPCT, NET, noclear,
nosslcert, ssldays, DOWNTIME, depends, noping, noconn, trace, notrace,
HIDEHTTP, browser, pulldata.

-> Specifically, note that network tests, "badTEST" settings, and alternate pageset relations cannot be listed on the ".default." host.

thanks & cheers

 	martin

  On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Martin Flemming wrote:

> Hmm, i thought that network-test e.g ssh didn't work with .default.
>
> but i will tested of course ..
>
> thanks & cheers
>
> 	martin
>

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Tom Moore wrote:
>
>> Oh sorry.. and if you want it to be a default across all machines, you can
>> put this at the top of your hosts.cfg file
>>
>> 0.0.0.0 .default. # ssh

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de