[Xymon] Monitor process on two servers - only one should have it running at one time

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 21:59:42 CET 2011

I have two servers G1 and G2 where I need to monitor a process P.
P should be running either on G1 or on G2. But never on both at the
same time, then alert.

I could simply looks for process P in section=ps of the clientlog of
the both servers G1 and G2 and then alert if both
comes back with the process P running, at the same time.

Not sure if I should use bbcombotest for it. Suggestions?

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu