[Xymon] INTERFACES tag

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Dec 6 07:47:02 CET 2011

On 06-12-2011 03:45, Colin Coe wrote:
> With the new INTERFACES tag, is the follwoing correct to only show
> bond0 and rhevm interfaces?  INTERFACES:"^(bond0|rhevm)"

Looks OK, yes.

> If so, do I need to drop the other, existing interfaces?

Any existing files are not removed, so yes - you'll have to manually
delete the ~xymon/data/rrd/HOSTNAME/ifstat.xyz.rrd files.

The easiest way of doing it - if you have many hosts - is probably to
put in the INTERFACES tag, wait a day or two, then delete the
ifstat*.rrd files that are no longer being updated. "find ... -mtime" is
your friend here.