[Xymon] Can't start after 4.2.3 to 4.3.4 upgrade

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Mon Aug 29 03:44:51 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Root, Paul <Paul.Root at centurylink.com> wrote:
> Looks like your home directory is defined wrong. That happened in configure.

Thanks for the reply.  I have it mostly working now.  I realized that
the FreeBSD port installed a xymonserver.cfg that was VERY different
from the xymonserver.cfg.DIST file that the port installed.  I renamed
xymonserver.cfg (to make a backup) and copied xymonserver.cfg.DIST to
xymonserver.cfg.  One xymon restart later and it was mostly working.

I found that I needed to cp xymonmenu.cfg.DIST to xymonmenu.cfg and
hobbitpasswd to xymonpasswd, too.

Now I can't get the historical data line graphs to display.  I have a
suspicion that this is due to a dependency (like rrdtool or png) not
installing or updating correctly.

Jaime

--
Network Administrator