[Xymon] Spec file for 4.3.4?

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Aug 24 00:50:32 CEST 2011

On 8/22/11 4:30 PM, "Tom Diehl" <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
>> /home/mcdonalddj/rpm/SOURCES/xymon-4.3.4-infocolumn-crash.patch;4e52bb45:
>> cpio: MD5 sum mismatch
>
> The above line is key.
>
> It fails because the rpm was built on a Centos 6 machine that uses the newer
> rpm format. You can either extract it by using rpm -Uvh --nomd5 and then
> rpmbuild -bs specfile.spec or go get the Centos 5 src.rpm at
> http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/5/SRPMS
> /xymon-4.3.4-1.el5.tnt.2.src.rpm

Ok, I'm much further than when I started.  I've got to move a few things
around to match the Mandriva FSH (shouldn't have a tmp directory in /usr, it
should be in /var, etc) and I'll need to tweak the init file, and the httpd
daemon is called apache in the mandriva family, but all-in-all, I'm much
further along than I was a month ago.