[Xymon] Spec file for 4.3.4?

Daniel McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Aug 22 22:30:54 CEST 2011

On 8/22/11 2:34 PM, "Tom Diehl" <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Jason Kincl wrote:
>
>> Daniel,
>>
>> This issue has been discussed in another thread of the mailing list, see
>> link here: http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-April/031407.html
>>
>> If you follow the thread, I replied with a fix for the xymonmenu.css file not
>> found. As for the critical.cfg.bak file, I have just commented that line out
>> of the spec file with no problems.
>>
>> On Aug 22, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Daniel McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to build 4.3.4 using the included spec file, and came up with a few
>>> errors:
>>> RPM build errors:
>>>     File not found: /tmp/xymon-root/var/lib/xymon/www/menu/xymonmenu.css
>>>     File not found: /tmp/xymon-root/etc/xymon/critical.cfg.bak
>>>     File listed twice: /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/clientupdate
>>>     File listed twice: /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/logfetch
>>>     File listed twice: /usr/lib/xymon/client/ext
>>>

>>> Does anyone have a working specfile?  I¹d like to build this on
>>> Mandriva Enterprise Server 5.2
>
> I do not know anything about Mandriva Enterprise Server 5.2 but I have an
> srpm at:
> http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRPMS
> /xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
> that I am using for my CentOS 5 and 6 servers.
>
> It is modified from the original spec file included with xymon and includes
> some selinux policy files that may or may not be correct. They were generated
> by audit2allow after running xymon with selinux in permissive mode.
>
> It is a work in progress and guaranteed to contain as yet unknown bugs. :-)
> Use
> it at your own risk or ignore it. Whatever you prefer.
>
> If someone finds errors/bugs, I would appreciate knowing about them.

Doesn't build:
$ rpmbuild --rebuild
http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRP
MS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
Installing
http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRP
MS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
warning: InstallSourcePackage: Header V4 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
a39578ef
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/home/mcdonalddj/rpm/SOURCES/xymon-4.3.4-infocolumn-crash.patch;4e52bb45:
cpio: MD5 sum mismatch
error:
http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRP
MS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm cannot be installed