[Xymon] Spec file for 4.3.4?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Aug 22 21:34:34 CEST 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Jason Kincl wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> This issue has been discussed in another thread of the mailing list, see
> link here: http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-April/031407.html
>
> If you follow the thread, I replied with a fix for the xymonmenu.css file not
> found. As for the critical.cfg.bak file, I have just commented that line out
> of the spec file with no problems.
>
> On Aug 22, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Daniel McDonald wrote:
>
>> I tried to build 4.3.4 using the included spec file, and came up with a few errors:
>> RPM build errors:
>>     File not found: /tmp/xymon-root/var/lib/xymon/www/menu/xymonmenu.css
>>     File not found: /tmp/xymon-root/etc/xymon/critical.cfg.bak
>>     File listed twice: /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/clientupdate
>>     File listed twice: /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/logfetch
>>     File listed twice: /usr/lib/xymon/client/ext
>>

>> Does anyone have a working specfile?  I’d like to build this on
>> Mandriva Enterprise Server 5.2

I do not know anything about Mandriva Enterprise Server 5.2 but I have an
srpm at:
http://yumrepo.tntechs.com/yum-repository/local/centos/tntechs-testing/6/SRPMS/xymon-4.3.4-1.el6.tnt.2.src.rpm
that I am using for my CentOS 5 and 6 servers.

It is modified from the original spec file included with xymon and includes
some selinux policy files that may or may not be correct. They were generated
by audit2allow after running xymon with selinux in permissive mode.

It is a work in progress and guaranteed to contain as yet unknown bugs. :-) Use
it at your own risk or ignore it. Whatever you prefer.

If someone finds errors/bugs, I would appreciate knowing about them. Especially
if you know how to fix them as they relate to CentOS/RHEL.

Hope this helps.

Tom Diehl       tdiehl at rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com