[Xymon] No REPEAT on SCRIPT for alerts

Mike Rowell MRowell at shopzilla.com
Wed Aug 17 16:10:25 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Interesting problem this one that I've yet to find a solution for, rather than sending an email out using the MAIL= keyword in the alerts.cfg we are just calling a script so the line looks like this

HOST=*
     COLOR=RED REPEAT=6h SCRIPT /usr/local/bin/testscript.sh value

However it appears that with the SCRIPT function and no MAIL function the REPEAT doesn't work, clicking info on an icon shows no change to the repeat and it's set at 30mins (default value possibly).

If I switch it to MAIL from SCRIPT it all works fine and the REPEAT works correctly, any ideas, or am I going to have to write in a log of all alerts and make sure I don't send them outside the repeat inside my SCRIPT function?

Cheers,

Mike