[Xymon] monitoring multiple logfiles

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Tue Aug 16 02:10:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

You are right, it won't re-alert. The problem here, I think, is how do
you distinguish between different errors when the format of the log
entries is unknown? Xymon also would need to keep a table of which
errors had already triggered alerts but have not yet been resolved so it
isn't sending duplicate alerts. And how would it know when something is
resolved just from the logs? I think the best way to handle multiple
conditions would be to use separate tests for what you want to monitor
and not rely on logs as the primary source for testing.

hope that helps.

>>> On 15/08/2011 at 11:05 PM, in message
<CAPA+ETfjQawBjAeoWsd+y=0kxeyFDE14-_SdPw01M-tf1XBrKw at mail.gmail.com>,