[Xymon] How to confirm data from client is making it to Xymon server?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Aug 14 22:11:12 CEST 2011

On 14-08-2011 21:19, Smith, Jim wrote:

> I used to be fairly active on this list, but I'm still using Hobbit 4.2.0.  As my father always told me, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

Forgot to comment on this in my first mail:

The consequence of your Dad's comment would be, that when it *IS*
broken, then you should fix it.

4.2.0 has some rather unpleasant bugs, including some that would lose
messages sent between xymond (or rather, hobbitd) and the various worker
modules. I don't think this is why you see the purple statuses since
that usually does not involve any communications outside xymond, but
4.2.0 is 5 years old (almost to the date - it was released on Aug. 10,
2006) and I really think You should consider upgrading it to a newer
version.