[Xymon] Xymon + ?

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Aug 12 17:16:32 CEST 2011

On 8/12/11 8:45 AM, "kconnell at ryerson.ca" <kconnell at ryerson.ca> wrote:

> We've been using Xymon for a few years and love it. Its our main open source
> tool for monitoring, but I was wondering what others are using in addition to
> Xymon for monitoring/alerting network equipment ?
>
> We also use:
> - Cacti
> - Mrtg

I use mrtg with bbmrtg.pl as the primary way to alert about polling
problems.

> - Weathermap

I have a highly-hacked copy of bbmap.  I keep a database of eigrp state
changes, and connect the lines based on whether syslog last reported a link
up or down.  I've wanted to try out weathermap, but I've just never gotten
around to it.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281