[Xymon] FW: timediff

Steve Kilduff redrocketed at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:21:34 CEST 2011

We had this problem on windows machines, bbwin was analyzing the windows
event logs which took the length of time of the reported timediff. We had
100,000 log lines in the application log alone, these over-wrote themselves
every 20-30 minutes, even when you set a rule for bbwin to ignore these logs
it still must process the 100,000 lines in order to realize it can ignore
them. Our solution was to stop the application (mssql) logging these useless
"login succeeded" events to the application log.

For a short term test you could unload msgs.dll on the client side (if
possible) which I believe processes event logs, or you could clear or limit
the event log.

Steve