[Xymon] Monitoring FILES and adressing them seperate

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Wed Apr 27 18:23:55 CEST 2011

I don't think we have that level of alerting granularity by default.  If I am wrong someone will chime in with an answer.  Sometimes it's easy enough to just create your own client side script and place it under client/ext.  There are already examples in the documents but that looks like a simple bash script with a unique name and some if tests.  One advantage is you can complete that pretty quickly and assign alerts for the unique named test to the night crew.  One (possible) disadvantage is that you are adding an additional test name, which might not be desired in your environment.

Regards,
Tim