[Xymon] Trending too many interfaces

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Wed Apr 27 18:14:16 CEST 2011

Colin,

I have not installed any of the newer xymon versions, this is from 4.2.0.

On a system with eth0->eth3 plumbed up I set the client shell script (client/bin/hobbitclient-linux.sh) to:

echo "[ifstat]"
/sbin/ifconfig eth0
/sbin/ifconfig eth2

Verified the data sent from one of the 'Client data available' data sets.
Removed the rrd files for ifstat from the server for that client. (stopped/started the client).

On the trends page I see eth0 and eth2 only, no eth1 or eth3.

Yeah, it's a hack but it's fairly minor and should be easy enough to manage.

Just my 3 cents.

Tim