[Xymon] Redirecting Xymon output

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Apr 17 22:05:32 CEST 2011

> Hoping to get some assistance. We have 2 Xymon servers running but we
> would like to see all the output from server 1 integrated into server 2.
> Normally we would just enter the hosts from server 1 to server2’s
> hosts-BB file but the latency between the 2 xymon servers is bad enough
> that we would like to continue running server1 onsite and just have the
> output redirected into server2’s Xymon web interface. We have tried the
> “sending summaries to remote Xymon servers” option which works but only
> places the output summary in links to separate pages, not integrated
> into the main hobbit displays. Is there any way to do this?

Not directly. I believe it would be fairly easy to add an option to the
webpage generator so it could collect data from multiple Xymon servers
into one set of webpages, but it hasn't been done yet.

You could probably setup a "pseudo" mirror installation on server2,
which just runs "xymongen" to generate the webpages locally, but
collects the data from server1 (by setting XYMSRV to server1 when
running xymongen). That will cause it to fetch the Xymon status from
server1 once a minute, which may be "good enough" for you.