[Xymon] RRDtool include- or library-files not found.

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Apr 6 18:04:08 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5.
> I installed rrdtool-1.0.50 successfully with steps(#./configure, #
> make, # make install).

That is a relatively old version to install, even for RHEL5. I believe there are now packages in EPEL, but when there weren't, I provided one (1.2.x) in my repo (see below).

> Similarly i installed pcre-8.12 successfully with steps(#./configure,
> # make, # make install).

Why did you not 'yum install pcre-devel' ?

> Finally once i try to install xymon-4.2.3

If you're only installing 4.2.3, why not use RPMs?

E.g., see http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/Xymon.repo

Regards,
Buchan