[Xymon] Acknowledge issue continues with xymon 4.3.2

Clark, Sean sean.clark at twcable.com
Tue Apr 5 16:39:20 CEST 2011

It's definitely some sort of "data in memory" corruption that occurs that
is repeatable - I've noticed that when I restart when the problem first
occurs, loading the chk file that is saved, it gets this message:

2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17
2011-04-05 08:55:32 Too few fields in record - found 6, expected 17

This matches up with the number of Cookies it couldn't find - I am
guessing it's missing the cookies in those records

And more and more of those messages depending on how long I wait to
restart (I.e. As the acknowledge problem gets wose and worse)

If I restart when I am not showing signs of it not finding cookies, I do
not get that message in the xymonlaunch.log - it just works fine and
exactly as I expect

Is there some sort of memory limit or that I am hitting? My xymond process
takes up 524 MB of memory right now.

Just looking for any steps to take next