[xymon] Wants Status to change for MSGS (Log file) for Hobbit Client

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Thu Sep 30 08:11:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:09:04 -0500, Richard Quinn
<richardquinn72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> And  yet I cannot get the status of MSGS to go to Red for the client
when I
> put 'error' into /var/log/messages

This was a problem to me during several months and finally, someone helped
me out on the mailing list. You have to create a file in the Hobbit tmp/
directory :
  # cat ..../hobbit-monitor/client/tmp/logfetch.<HOSTNAME>.cfg
  log:/var/log/messages:10240
  log:/var/log/mail.log:10240
  log:/var/log/auth.log:10240

<HOSTNAME> is the hostname of your machine (I used to do : touch
tmp/logfetch.`hostname`.cfg). Once this file is created and filed in, you
will see the light ;)