[xymon] Wants Status to change for MSGS (Log file) for Hobbit Client

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 30 07:59:52 CEST 2010

In <AANLkTikf7NtOwGXyVYWSutVR-ay_nGfsMPZ0LfakZFs9 at mail.gmail.com> Richard Quinn <richardquinn72 at gmail.com> writes:

>*Here is what I have in  /home/hobbit/client/etc/localclient.cfg on the
>Hobbit Client:*
>DEFAULT
>        UP      1h
>        LOAD    5.0 10.0
>        DISK    * 90 95
>        MEMPHYS 100 101
>        MEMSWAP 50 80
>        MEMACT  90 97

>LOG /var/log/messages error COLOR=red         ##This does not work
>PROC "/opt/openfiler/sbin/opendev" 1 2 yellow   ##This works fine

Rule of thumb: ALWAYS keep the default settings last. If you have
a rule that applies to a specific host, like this one:

>LOG /var/log/messages error COLOR=red HOST=gsxxx.xxxxxi.com

make sure you put that before the DEFAULT settings. If you
want it to apply to all Linux hosts, use the CLASS setting:

CLASS=linux
	LOG /var/log/messages error COLOR=red

Another thing to check: Look at the "Client data" link from
any of the current statuses for the host. Near the bottom are
the log message data and the log entries - make sure
/var/log/messages shows up there, and that the data you expect
to see is actually there. Remember, the client only looks at
log-entries that have happened in the past 30 minutes.