Wants Status to change for MSGS (Log file) for Hobbit Client

Richard Quinn richardquinn72 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 03:09:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm having a problem with getting a hobbit client to change status of 'MSGS'
to Red if Hobbit finds the word "error" in /var/log/messages.

A few things to note:

   - The Client *can* transmit data to the hobbit server for all other
   statuses(memory, procs, disk, etc..) without any problems
   - The ''hobbit'' account does have read access to /var/log/messages
   - The Client launches Hobbit with the ''-local'' option to allow use of
   localclients.cfg
   - I've frequently ran ''logger -p" to force the word ''error'' into
   /var/log/messages.
   - The hostname matches what's in bb-hosts and the config files on both
   client and server
   - Linux client and server

*Here is what I have in  /home/hobbit/client/etc/localclient.cfg on the
Hobbit Client:*
DEFAULT
        UP      1h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0
        DISK    * 90 95
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97

LOG /var/log/messages error COLOR=red         ##This does not work
PROC "/opt/openfiler/sbin/opendev" 1 2 yellow   ##This works fine

*Here is what I have in /home/hobbit/server/etc/client-local.cfg on the
Hobbit Server:*
[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240

*And here is what I have in /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg on
the Hobbit Server:*
UP      1h
LOAD    5.0 10.0
DISK    * 90 95
SWAP    20 40
MEMPHYS 100 101
MEMSWAP 50 80
MEMACT  90 97
LOG /var/log/messages error COLOR=red HOST=gsxxx.xxxxxi.com

And  yet I cannot get the status of MSGS to go to Red for the client when I
put 'error' into /var/log/messages

Thanks,