[xymon] I need urgent help: Hobbit (linux) client startup failed

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Sep 29 17:16:40 CEST 2010

BTW, please stay on the list.

On Wednesday, 29 September 2010 12:49:17 Matic Madalina wrote:
> Hello Buchan.
>
> Thank you for your fast response.
>
> 1)The output of 'file /home/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch' is:
>             hobbitlaunch: PA-RISC2.0 shared executable dynamically linked -
> not stripped
> 2) The output of 'uname -m' is:
>             x86_64

x86_64 cannot execute HPPA binaries ...

> Yes, I have copied binaries from an unix client to linux client, and as you
> suspected, maybe this is the reason why the client startup failed.
>
> I'm blocked now because I do not know what I should do for the linux
> client.

Compile xymon for linux, or install xymon-client packages (if available for
the distribution you use). A number of distributions ship xymon, some third-
party packages are availabel for others. If you provide more information on
the distribution you are using, you may get better answers.

> > I wanted to configure Hobbit server to work with 7 clients: 6 unix
> > servers and 1 linux server.
> >

> > The configuration succeeded regarding unix clients.
> >

> > But, I got an error when I run ./runclient.sh on linux client:
> >                          line 83: /home/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch :
> > cannot execute binary file.
> >
> >                          Hobbit client startup failed
> >

> > Can you help me please with this issue? Can you tell me please the steps
> > I have to follow in fixing this?
>
> Please supply:
>
> 1)Output of 'file /home/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch'
> 2)Output of 'uname -m'
>
> I suspect you've copied binaries for one platform to an incompatible
> platform.
>
> If this is not the case (from the above info), please describe how you
> installed the client software on the client in question.

Regards,
Buchan