[xymon] I need urgent help: Hobbit (linux) client startup failed

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Sep 29 13:32:55 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, 29 September 2010 07:56:12 Matic Madalina wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I wanted to configure Hobbit server to work with 7 clients: 6 unix servers
> and 1 linux server.
>
> The configuration succeeded regarding unix clients.
>
> But, I got an error when I run ./runclient.sh on linux client:
>                           line 83: /home/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch :
> cannot execute binary file.
>                           Hobbit client startup failed
>
> Can you help me please with this issue? Can you tell me please the steps I
> have to follow in fixing this?

Please supply:

1)Output of 'file /home/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch'
2)Output of 'uname -m'

I suspect you've copied binaries for one platform to an incompatible platform.

If this is not the case (from the above info), please describe how you
installed the client software on the client in question.

Regards,
Buchan