[xymon] Critical System Editor

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Sep 28 19:46:49 CEST 2010

In <3B9C50B11919A24884D4983669EE5D730286357C at EXMBXBG103.mtg.home.ads> "Newton, Steve (MBS)" <Steve.Newton at PHH.com> writes:

>            I'm trying to configure the Critical Systems Page and would lik=
>e to know if there is a way to add a group of host all at once? I have abou=
>t 400 hosts to add and adding one at a time will take forever. Any suggesti=
>ons would be appreciated

It's a text file, so as long as you stick to the format it'll be allright.

Add one host using the editor, then look at hobbit-nkview.cfg to see
what it looks like (do a "grep" for the hostname in that file). Then
use whatever scripting tool you prefer to add the rest, just changing
the hostname.

(who would really like to write a better editor for that file).