[xymon] directory directive

Cleaver, Japheth jcleaver at soe.sony.com
Tue Sep 28 00:22:37 CEST 2010

Mandrake has broken out their hobbitgraph file for some time, apparently, without any ill-effects. The perl one-liner below is what I use to split the distro .cfg files apart during an RPM install... (rpmbuild macros have been replaced with real paths):

install -d /etc/xymon/graph.d
pushd /etc/xymon/graph.d/
perl -e "\$/='';while (<>) { \$_ .= <> while not (m#\n\[([\w+._-]+)\]#s || eof);open (FILE,'>',\$1); print FILE \$_; };" ../hobbitgraph.cfg
popd

echo "#
# The hobbitgraph.cfg file is read by the grapher module.
# It controls which of the Xymon data streams to graph using RRD and
# their respective RRD configuration options.
#

directory graph.d/" > /etc/xymon/hobbitgraph.cfg

Remember that the directory directive will parse the files it sees in alphabetical order.

The same logic, of course, works for clientlaunch and hobbitlaunch files. Hope this helps!

-jc