[xymon] xymon storage for ext scripts

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 23 14:21:07 CEST 2010

In <4C98B41A.3080401 at infomaniak.ch> cED <work at infomaniak.ch> writes:

>I wrote a small scripts which reports data from every node. Everything
>works perfectly well.

>But I'd like to know where in the xymon server this data are stored.

>Does someone knows where they are ?

How do you report it - with a "status" or a "data" message ?

Xymon doesn't store this data on disk, usually, because it
is transient (wait 5 minutes, and there's a new update). So
it's only stored in RAM on the Xymon server.

You can enable the hobbitd_filestore module to save the
data to disk automatically, but I recommend against it
because it increases the load on your Xymon server
significantly (much more disk I/O).

You can also setup a module on the Xymon server to process
this data, which reads the data from a "hobbitd_channel"
process. That is the only way to capture stuff sent with
a "data" message. If you send it in a "status" message it
will show up on the webpage, and you can also use the
"bb" command to fetch the data from the Xymon server.
E.g. to get the data from the "mytest" status on server
"myserver":

  bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdlog myserver.mytest"