[xymon] os count with graph

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 09:02:51 CEST 2010

That'll probably work too.....provided you are only running Windows servers.
For Solaris, you need to use section=uname
Not sure for anything else.

By using wget, you are essentially retrieving the "info" page.
Doesn't matter what OS you are running, you should find the version and some
details next to the string "OS:"
You might still need a little bit of creative massaging to get what you want
into a comparable format, but the basics are there.
It has worked for me in the past.
YMMV.

Regards
     Vernon