[xymon] Re: iostat monitor

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 01:10:30 CEST 2010

Hi Roland

A good comment, and one I did consider.
My concern with a long sample, is that it becomes "too averaged".
If I put one hand in the fire, and the other in liquid nitrogen, on average,
I am doing fine, right? :-)

I think it's one of those things that will need to be flavoured to taste,
depending on your requirements, which is why I changed it to be a soft
parameter that could be set at server-side.
Ultimately, there is no difference in the results of running iostat 300 13
every hour, and iostat 300 2 every 5 minutes for one hour.
And will save a lot of coding :-)

Cheers
    Vernon