directory directive

Isaac W Traxler traxler at lsu.edu
Tue Sep 7 21:36:17 CEST 2010

WHile looking in the lib/stackio.c, I saw "directory" as a directive just
like "include". So, in the client/etc directory I created a directory
called clientlaunch.d and added the line "directory clientlaunch.d" to my
clientlaunch.cfg file. I then created 3 files (mysql.cfg, raid.cfg, and
postfix.cfg) in the clientlaunch.d directory.

Upon restart, all seems to work. I have not dfound this in the doc. Am I
blind? In this a new feature that has not made it to the documentation
yet?

My goal was to find an easy way to add/remove external scripts on a client
without manually editing the clientlaunch.cfg. This appears to be the
perfect answer. NOw I can simply add the code to the ext directory and the
conf ot the clientlaunch.d directory and it all just works (I suspect I
need to touch clientlaunch.cfg) so that it gets reprocessed to pick up new
plugins or to forget about deleted ones.

Regardless -- If I understand this functionality correctly -- it looks
like just what I need.

--
Isaac Traxler                             AIX,Linux Admin
Louisiana State University                traxler at lsu.edu
High Performance Computing                225-578-1923
LONI AIX Clusters
AIX, Linux Support