[xymon] Qt-Maemo5 xymon desktop widget for Nokia N900

Darrik Mazey darrik.lists at darmasoft.com
Sat Oct 23 23:03:40 CEST 2010

dOCtoR MADneSs wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.

> I've a strange behaviour since I installed your widget. When my device
> powers on, it asks me 2 times to connect. The first time I choose my
> connection (working), but the widget seems to ask a 2nd time anyway.

The widget makes no calls into the connection API.  It simply requests a
url from the connection access manager.  It's entirely possible that the
widget is create the connection access manager object prior to the
connection being established, and so the NAM instigates the second
request.  Perhaps a delay on startup of xymon-widget would fix this
issue.  An improved version of xymon-widget would do a little connection
checking and maybe offer a "wifi only" option as well.  However, I
didn't want to add the dependency on the qt-mobility library, as it
seemed unnecessary and additionally seemed to be under rapid development
with frequent API changes.

I'll try to isolate that behavior and see if a startup delay represents
a suitable workaround for now.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Darrik

--