[xymon] Monitor multiple syslog files with one entry in clientlocal

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:06:38 CEST 2010

I do not think that this is not supported.  I believe the documentation
states that you can write a script that will supply a required file name (if
the file name keeps changing).  In your case, you are wanting the agent to
scan an unknown number of files.  Read the fine manual.

Just curious, why can't you update your syslogd to create a combined file as
well as individual files.  This is fairly easy to do in syslog-ng or
rsyslog.

GLH

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Taylor Lewick <tlewick at tradebotsystems.com

--
Disclaimer:  1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your