[xymon] depends-like test for processes

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 03:59:58 CEST 2010

Hi Colin

We did something similar at previous client we know too well. :-)
It's called a combo-test.
Look for "Combination Tests" under the man pages.

What you need to do is define a new test. Call it "Cluster" for lack of a
better name.
You then define servername.Cluster=(insert logical arguments here) into
bbcombotest.cfg
This will generate a new test which is dependant on the logic you define.
The server name doesn't even need to exist. So you can define your combo
test as cluster.app=(logic)
This will send the results of a new test "app" as if it came from a new
server called "cluster"
You then add cluster to bb-hosts as follows
0.0.0.0   Cluster  # noconn
Very powerful, and the man page does explain it fairly well.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
      Vernon