[xymon] Devmon turned purple, again.....

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Oct 12 13:52:54 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, 12 October 2010 05:25:13 Maik Heinelt wrote:
>   I'm had running hobbit v4.2.3 with devmon v 0.3.0-rc1 for the last 340
> days without any big trouble.
> Today, I had to restart the server and now, the devmon (dm) icon at
> hobbit server itself turns purple.

Only the dm test on the devmon polling host? Or, all the devmon-related tests?

> If I check all switches, who are monitored with devmon, I can see, it is
> still working. also at the logs, it looks like it is working.

Please provide some output from the logs. E.g. complete log from starting
devmon to end of first poll.

> I have tried to restart devmon manually, but nothing changed.
> I also tried to use the latest version of devmon (0.3.1) , but it is
> still the same.

There are some improvements in devmon svn, which I mentioned on the devmon
list months ago, but which no-one has provided any real feedback on ...

Since I hardly see this myself (it has occurred twice in one year here), I
haven't been able to reproduce to test much myself, but simulated problems
were handled better.

> In several old messages of the list, I found similar problems, but no
> clear solution.
>
> Would be great, if someone have a hint!

If you eliminate Hobbit/Xymon as the problem, please discuss this on the
devmon listed instead.

Regards,
Buchan