[xymon] Qt-Maemo5 xymon desktop widget for Nokia N900

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Oct 6 18:11:03 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, 5 October 2010 17:33:30 Darrik Mazey wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I wrote a desktop widget for the Nokia N900 that polls xymon server
> status on a configured interval and reports the status via color icon
> and notifications.
>
> The source and installation instructions (via debian repository) are here:
>
> http://github.com/darrikmazey/xymon-widget

I have been using an N900 for a few weeks, but only just installed the SDK
over the past weekend. So, I decided to grab the source and compile. When
compiling from Qt Creator from the SDK install, it compiles fine, but package
creation fails (possibly due to the directory name). After messing with some
things to fix it, only the executable ended up in the package.

I'll see if I can find the correct fixes to get it to build nicely straight from
Qt Creator.

> Hope someone finds it useful.

Well, I wonder if we could make it more useful. From reading the code, it
seems to just look at the color of the bb2.html page. While this may be useful
to some, I think many larger installations will have problems, e.g. those
which need the critical systems view to make sense anything.

So, the question is, should we provide data in different formats than HTML, for
smarter clients (and not just mobile ones). For example, would XML output
(such as that generated by the hobbitdxboard command in bb)? The client may
want to specify the options to the hobbitdxboard command (e.g. configured from
the widget).

I'll try and get a bit further with this under Qt creator ...

Regards,
Buchan