[xymon] Looking for SLES rpm of xymon-client/hobbit-client

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 15:57:22 CEST 2010

The hobbit-4.2.3 tarball has a spec file for creating an rpm.  I used it to
build an rpm for OpenSuse-11.1 like this:

  1) drop the source tarball into /usr/src/packages/SOURCES
  2) drop the hobbit.spec file into /usr/src/packages/SPECS
  3) enter the command:   rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/hobbit.spec

That unpacks the source, builds the binaries and creates the binary rpm
under /usr/src/packages/RPMS.  Then you can copy the rpm to all appropriate
systems and install as usual.

I forget exactly what other rpms are needed for building - probably
rrdtool-devel, openssl-devel and maybe openldap-devel.

Ralph Mitchell