[xymon] hobbitgraph.cgi: Attempting to reuse 'mysqlht'

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Nov 25 16:59:40 CET 2010

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:12:07 +0200, Arie Skliarouk wrote:

> I created a custom mysql parameters check that shows graphs on one
> server, but not on the other. hobbitgraph.sh (hobbitgraph.cgi?) kept
> sending following error instead of the actual image:
> reuse 'mysqlht'</body></html>

This is an error from the rrdtool library. So I would suspect something
dodgy with the graph-definition in hobbit-graphs.cfg, or the RRD file
data is not as you would expect.

Could you show us the graph definition you use ? And the layout of the
RRD-file - a command like

	rrdtool info mysql.rrd |grep "type ="

should give us the necessary info about the datasets and their type.

> If I request the same image for different server, same service - I get
> the image. If I copy the mysql.rrd file from the
> /var/lib/hobbit/rrd/atl-db01/mysql.rrd into the
> /var/lib/hobbit/rrd/pa04, then the image for pa04 shows graph for the
> atl-db01.
>
> Could be that dash in name of that particular server was affecting the
> hobbitgraph.cgi somehow? I can attach the hobbitgraph.d/mysql.cfg and
> hobbitserver.d/mysql.cfg if that would help.

It shouldn't, and I know I have hostnames with dash'es in them. Haven't
noticed any problems with graphs there, but I'll have a look.