Red HTTP test with "DNS failure" after BIND install

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Wed Nov 10 15:27:04 CET 2010

Hello,

As the subject.  I found this tantalizing tidbit in the archives:

> Argh, see here for workaround.
> http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/known-issues.html#dnserror

> So DNS server change failed the ares library.

But sadly that link is dead.  Given the mention of ares, I tried --no-ares in the hobbitserver.cfg and restarted, but that seems to have had no effect.  The current Xymon sourceforge known issues doesn't seem to have this.  Anyone remember what the solution was?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Munsch
IT Administrator
PhillyCarShare
215-495-1040 x131
www.phillycarshare.org

Our Vision: A Philadelphia in which non-profit car sharing exceeds the convenience, flexibility, and affordability of car ownership.