[xymon] Disk failures

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 02:48:23 CET 2010

Hehehe.
Sounds like we suffer from the same problem. Although, I don't really
"suffer" from Windoze ignorance, I quite enjoy it. :-)

In a previous contract, I found a Windoze guy who could program in something
on Windoze.
No idea what, it may have been perl, it may have been powershell.
I showed him how to write scripts, and integrate them with bb (bbwin in his
case), and off he went.
We started monitoring all sorts of stuff using his scripts.

I suggest you go chat to your Windoze mob, and see if you have such a guy in
your team.
If you speak bash, you could always install Cygwin on your windows boxes,
and then create bash scripts to do the same.
Of course, you might find yourself up against the cause of great
inefficiency - Corporate Policy

Cheers
     Vernon