Need to suppress CIFS mount disk checks

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri May 21 18:02:37 CEST 2010

I need to suppress checking of CIFS mounts to avoid piling up IO-blocked
processes when a mount hangs.  What hobbit file/program controls the "df"
command used for the disk check?  The DF= and DFCMD= lines in
hobbitclient.cfg are commented "DF,DFCMD and PS are for compatibility
only, NOT USED by the Hobbit client", and sure enough when I add "-xcifs"
to those lines I still get the CIFS mounts after restarting the
hobbit-client service.

I'm also not sure what to make of the fact that the "About Hobbit" page
says that all configuration is centralized, yet the hobbitclient.cfg on my
4.2.0-6 and 4.2.0-7 clients says "include
/var/lib/hobbit-client/runtime.cfg" (which exists on those machines), but
on my 4.2.0-1 server says "include /var/run/hobbitclient-runtime.cfg"
(which exists on that machine).