[hobbit] Custom graphs in Xymon

Richard Finegold goldfndr at gmail.com
Wed May 12 01:44:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 07:50, Cami <camis at mweb.co.za> wrote:
[snip]
> edge01 : 5
> edge02 : 7
> edge03 : 2
> edge04 : 6
[snip]
> NCV_fmsconns="edge01:GAUGE,edge02:GAUGE"
[snip]
> in hobbitgraph.cfg
> [fmsconns]
>       TITLE Fmsconns info
>       YAXIS Connections
>       DEF:pct=fmsconns.rrd:util:AVERAGE
>       LINE2:pct#00CC00:NParts
>       GPRINT:pct:LAST: \: %3.1lf (cur)
>       GPRINT:pct:MAX: \: %3.1lf (max)
>       GPRINT:pct:MIN: \: %3.1lf (min)
>       GPRINT:pct:AVERAGE: \: %3.1lf (avg)\n

Your DEF points to a DS of "util", but you apparently have DSs of
"edge01" and "edge02", so you'll need another DEF, another LINE#, and
(optionally) more GPRINTs. That's assuming you want two on one graph.

Will every host that has "fmsconns" have a status with exactly two
edge* values? Or with exactly four edge* values? I find that unlikely,
given the two digit numbering, and (also to some extent) the
discrepancy between the status message and the NCV_fmsconns line. If
the count of values can differ (e.g. you might eventually have a host
with 1 or 3 or 5 or 6 values) then SPLITNCV might be the way to go,
but that has its own complications (e.g. multigraphs). Changing the
number of DSs in an RRD is not easy.