[hobbit] Custom graphs in Xymon

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:18:49 CEST 2010

The examples you pasted in look completely correct to me.  However, just to
be fully with you, I'd like to ask (just to be thorough, not a jerk)
regarding the term "The script outputs the following on the page:"

Just to cross all the t's and dot all the i's:

1.  you have a script running on a client, launched from clientlaunch.cfg
and gathering data remotely.
2.  It is being sent back to the server and properly making it to the page,
showing up in it's own column.
3.  The script is also sending/setting all appropriate BB environment
variables:

(and example from one of my scripts)

# Xymon Variables
$ENV{BBPROG}    = "library.pl";
my($TESTNAME)   = "library";
my($BBHOME)     = $ENV{BBHOME};
my($BB)         = $ENV{BB};
my($BBDISP)     = $ENV{BBDISP};
my($BBVAR)      = $ENV{BBVAR};

4.   You are also sending all approprate red/green/yellow/clear, etc.
messages along back to the server

Note that this may not affect your display, but is just good "gathering"
practice in pulling data back from remote hosts.  Even if you're only
setting a "clear", it is good to do.

Unless I'm just missing something in the paste-in you're showing, I'm not
seeing any overt problems.  How about the logs?  Anything there? Like maybe
permissioning problems or some such?

/var/log/xymon/rrd-status.log
/var/log/rrd-data.log

(or wherever your installation's logs are) ?

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.