[hobbit] Xymon 4.3.0-0.beta2 problem - distorted data

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Mar 25 11:34:37 CET 2010

On Thursday, 25 March 2010 08:23:46 Harald Villemoes wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a problem with distorted data after upgrading to Xymon
> 4.3.0-0.beta2.

And this problem does not occur on 4.2.x?

> The data from HPUX is received correctly at the server, but is shown as in
> error.
>
> Data in hostdata is correct, while data in histlogs is distorted.
> The problem is highly transient, e.g. 3 times per week.
>
> Our server is running CentOS release 5.2 (Final) - Linux
> fulda.scandihealth.com 2.6.18-92.1.18.el5PAE #1 SMP Wed Nov 12 10:02:30 EST
> 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> Please see filedumps below.
>
> Can you provide a fix or workaround or otherwise guide us to avoiding these
> false alarms..

I will try and take a look, but:
1)Although I have access to svn, I don't run 4.3.x myself
2)My access to svn is to maintain devmon-related bits
3)There is a reason 4.3.x is in beta.

As such I will not commit to fixing this, and Henrik hasn't been very active
over the past few months.

If this does not occur on 4.2.x, and you don't require 4.3.x features, I would
downgrade ...

Regards,
Buchan