[hobbit] Sorry... I had to vent

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:35:47 CET 2010

I think Damien makes a good point.  It appears, from his message, that he doesn't even know about the wiki.

Yes, there's a wiki.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit

It's been my answer a number of times to very simple questions.  It contains many of the things you need to get a basic install up and running and even contains some tutorials at writing your own checks in the NCV/RRD piece.

And Damien, even though you're not an "English natural speecher", your questions always show that you have at least made an effort to look around first.  Now you have a wiki to add to your list of things!

Damien is a regular, contributing member of this mailing list, and  I think gets precisely what I'm talking about.  He goes out, looks, reads, and offers the knowledge he has already found then asks his question in light of what he's already learned on his own.  That is *NOT* what I'm talking about.

I think this has been a good discussion all around.  I went back and looked at the histories of several regular members here, and everyone is quite a good citizen.  We seem to have some pop in from time to time and ask a question that clearly betrays they didn't so much as look at anything and just want to be spoon fed the answers every step of the way.  That's what I was talking about last night.

In ANY event, let's keep this puppy rolling.  I don't think there's anything out there better than Xymon.  Let's all keep working to make it even better every single day.

--j